SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
INVITATION FOR BIDS
ETHIOPIAN ELECTRIC POWER
Addis Ababa Transmission & Distribution Rehabilitation & Upgrading Project (aatdrup)
Loan No: 2100150038493
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online AfDB1124-11/17 of 20 November 2017 and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website.
- The FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA has received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Addis Ababa Transmission & Distribution Rehabilitation & Upgrading Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Design, Supply, and Installation of five Substations.
- The ETHIOPIAN ELECTRIC POWER now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the execution of Design, Supply and Installation of Five (Three 132/33kV & Two 230/33kV) Substations under Bidding Package-IIIa in Addis Ababa and Bishoftu.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at Ethiopian Electric Power Head Office in Lagahar, Ground Floor;
Attention: Tesfaye Tamirat – Director, Procurement, Logistics & Warehousing
Facsimile number: +251-111-550822
Electronic mail address: email@example.com
Postal Code: 15881
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Ethiopian Birr 3000.00 (Three thousand Birr) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment shall be in cash or cashier’s check or through telegraphic transfer to EEP main A/C No. 1000068726372, Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE), Arada Ghiorgis Branch, Swift Code: EBETETAA for ETB currency; and EEP BUMBUNA HPP A/C No. 0101181300051, NATIONAL BANK OF ETHIOPIA (NBE), Swift Code: NBETETAA, for USD currency respectively.
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Plant Design, supply & Installation.
- Bid must be delivered to the above office on or before 2:00 PM on August 6, 2018 and must be accompanied by a security of USD 600,000 (Six Hundred Thousand USD) or its equivalent in freely convertible currency.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on August 6, 2018 at 2:00PM at the offices of
Ethiopian Electric Power
Procurement, Logistic and Warehousing Office
Lagahar, Meba Building, Ground floor.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia